Enter some amazing DIY posts from 'Stripes and Sequins' and 'HonestlyWTF'...new mission DIY CREATE!!!! So I strapped on my super cool new bike bag (thanks to the Hubs!!!) and off I went!
The cast of characters you need to create your own:
In no particular order: Bungee Cords (cords or various colors - I went with a four pack of all black, bc I went a bit crazy with the other strings, but the more the merrier!), Masking Tape, 3 different colors of Embroidery Thread, cording, Clasp, Glue/Fabric glue, misc charm (I added this, bc well why not!)
So here we go, get ready for easy fun!!!!
2. Tape around the ends to secure them (I added a bit of hot glue before I taped...lets just say tape it good so it won't slip out!) Add charm, if you want one before you tape it. I place mine near clip.
3. Take two of the embroidery threads knot just above the tape. wrap and wrap til the tape is covered.
4. Knot the ends, and add a touch of glue - you don't want it to come undone.
5. Now to add a POP of color, knot your third color of embroidery thread, and wrap around in a fashion that suits you. I was using the neon green - like my bird charm, to add the neon I have been craving!
6. Almost done! 2/3rds of the way there!
7. Now, take your other cording (mine is hot pink!) and wrap it around the loops on the end. leave enough room so your clip can attach. I knotted, wrapped and tied off - only about 1/4-1/2inch of wrapping. Glued, again, as double protection from unraveling.
Et voila mes amis!!!!!!
Now I am so ready for the summer and spring with my NEON!!! You with me???
PS- There are two more coming, but you will have to wait!!! hehe