Better than the boxed stuff. This homemade granola will rock your hemp knit socks off....what you aren't a tree huggin hippie and don't wear stuff like that?! Well then this will rock your Prada-laden world!
It is soo easy to make and soooo dang good! You can eat plain, over yogurt, with milk...you name it you got it. I am think parfaits in the summer, and covered in strawberries...in just a few short months!
So here we go! To make this tasty treat you will need:
4 cups of old fashioned rolled oats (don't use the instant kind)
2 cups sweetened, shredded coconut
2 cups sliced almonds
1 1/2 cup Craisins, or raisins or both!
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup of Honey
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- Pre Heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Now toss the oats, coconut, almonds and craisins into a large bowl. (Use one bigger than you think, or else you may get a tiny bit messy like me, I had some over flow in the next steps.)
- Then stir it all up! (carefully.... unlike me :) But all ingredients are Doggieman approved!)
- Pour the oil and honey over the oat mixture, stir well, until all the oats and nuts are covered with the liquid (again, be careful!)
- Add the cinnamon and stir. Then vanilla and stir.
- Pour out on on to a rimmed sheet pan, sprayed with Pam.
-Bake, stirringly occasionally with your spatula, until nice and golden brown. About 25-30. When it is done, let it cool while stirring occasionally. Store in an air tight container.
Don't forget to pack a couple bags for your coworkers....unless you don't like them! But if you do, they will thank you later (PROMISE!)