It was freezing cold today. The first Monday back to work after a wonderful and long holiday weekend....and because pasta makes everything better! :)
This is a super quick and easy recipe for a simple and hearty creamy pasta. I have seen this recipe on the web before, but this was my on the fly version.
I hope you try it and enjoy it as much as I did!!!
Ingredients (ONLY 5 FOLKS!):
- Box of you favorite noodles (I choose shells, but you could do penne, or the swirllies (is that a technical name?!) or even better the healthier wheat version!)
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Spices for your chicken - On creamier, subtle pastas or with mashed potatoes I like to add a bit of flavor, but feel free to season them as you like (maybe a lemon-garlic, simple salt and pepper...you name it!) I used Lawry's, Chicken grill seasoning, garlic salt, and a sprinkle of cajun
- Asparagus (one bunch should do!)
- Alouette - a creamy goat cheese normally used for crackers or appetizers (I used the garlic and herb version)
This makes about 3 meal size servings....dinner for two and a lunch for work?! You can easily make it dinner for 4 with a nice leafy salad and crunchy garlic bread!
Okay here we go!
1- Start your water for the pasta
2- Season your chicken...to your likening! (You could also do boneless chicken tenders or thighs what ever tickles you!) I also drizzled in a little EVOO for some extra moisture.
3- Once your water is boiling go ahead and toss in the pasta!
4- Now I would start heating your grill pan, or outdoor grill for the chicken over med to med-high heat.
5- Rinse and dry your asparagus. Then slice it up! Make sure to chop off the tough bottom ends. I did about 1.5 inch slices on the diagonal.
6- Put the chicken on! And cook it! ABout 3-4 minutes a side, all depending on what type you chose.
7- Now to cook the asparagus! You can toss into the pasta for the last three minutes or like I did, blanched it in about an inch of water in a small saute pan. For about 3-4 minutes, until fork tender.
8- When doen, drain both the pasta and pasta!
9- Pour them both back into the pasta pan.
10- Now add in the Alouette. No rhyme or reason here folks....I started with a scoop, and added a bit more. The heat from the freshly cooked pasta and asparagus will melt it into a delicious goodness!!! (As soon as this happens you can smell the goodness of the cheese!) I used between 1/3 and a half of the container...don't judge! I like it creamy and hey it iis Monday and I could if I wanted too! (And I did!!!)
11- Slice up the grilled chicken.
12- Now time to EAT! Pasta into the bowl, and the chicken on top....EAT, NOSH, and ENJOY!!!
GO TRY IT!!!! (yes, Mom I am hinting at you!!! You can do this!!! so easy - tastes like alfredo and the boys will like it!)